Erectile dysfunction, or (ED), is a common physical conditions that is estimated to affect more than 18 million men in the U.S. alone. ED occurs when a man has the inability to maintain a firm erection during or before sexual intercourse. Having erection difficulties occasionally can happen and may not be a cause for concern. If the condition is ongoing, or worsens over time, you should contact your healthcare provider to discuss what may be causing these symptoms and for treatment options. ED may be symptom for another health problem and may go away with treatment of the underlying condition. If treatment of an underlying condition does not help with the erectile dysfunction, LivWell ED injection treatments are available with a prescription from your healthcare provider.
Your mixture may contain the following FDA approved ingredients: Papaverine, phentolamine, prostaglandin E1, and/or atropine.
- Wait a minimum of 24 hours between injections
- Do not use more than 3 times per week or use as directed by your physician.
- Keep your medication in the light-protective bag provided.
- If the medication becomes cloudy or changes in appearance discard it.
DO NOT USE THIS MEDICATION IF YOU HAVE:
- Hypersensitivity or allergy to any component of this formulation.
- Conditions predisposing you to priapism (painful erection lasting more than 4 hours), sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia.
- Anatomical deformation of penis or with penile implant.
- Been advised by your physician that sexual activity is indivisible or contraindicated.
1.) Keep mixture refrigerated, as the effectiveness will decrease if left at higher temperatures.
2.) Do not be discouraged by poor results within the first few injections; initial dosage is formulated at a lower strength to avoid prolonged and painful erections (priapism).
3.) If your erection last longer than 1 ½ hours, you may take 60mg of an OTC pseudoephedrine: like Sudafed(2-4 red 30mg tablets) orally, apply ice pack, and wait another hour. If you still have an erection after 3-4 hours, it is considered a medical emergency, proceed to the Emergency Room with your bottle of medication.
4.) If using prostaglandin and you experience pain after an injection, check with your healthcare provider to see if you can use the following: up to (3) 200mg ibuprofen like Motrin, every 30 minutes before an injection OR 2 Aleve (naproxen 440mg), every 30 minutes before injection.
- Proper hygiene is important. Wash your hands using an antibacterial soap and keep the penis clean.
- Assemble the following:
- Medication vial
- Alcohol pads
- Sharps container
- Keep the erectile dysfunction mix cold by returning the bottle to the refrigerator, or by placing the bottle in a cup of ice, while gathering all other materials.STEP 2
- Wipe the rubber top of the vial with an alcohol pad.
- After removing the cap of the needle, pull the plunger back to the desired dosage, filling this volume with air. Use a new needle and syringe each time.
- Insert the needle through the rubber top and inject the air into the vial.
- Turn the vial with needle and syringe inserted upside down. Pull back on the syringe plunger in a slow and steady motion until the desired dosage is achieved.
- Tap the side of the syringe to allow any air bubbles to float towards the needle. Avoid having these air bubbles in the syringe when self-injecting by first injecting out the collected bubbles that may form.
- Remove the needle from the bottle.STEP 3
- Avoid the midline of potential for injury to the urethra (6 o’clock; urinary passage) and penile arteries and nerves (near 12 o’clock)
- Avoid any visible veins or arteries on the surface.
- The proper location for injection is at the 9-11 and 1-3 o’clock positions, between the base and mid-portion of the penis.
- Grasp and pull the head of the penis toward the side of your leg with the index finger and thumb (use the left hand if right handed). Position the penis firmly against your thigh to keep it from moving during the injection. While maintaining light tension, select a site for injection
- Clean the site with an alcohol pad.STEP 4
- With a steady and continuous motion, penetrate the skin with the needle at a 90 degree angle. The needle should then be advanced to the hub. Slight resistance is encountered as the needle passes into the proper position with the erectile tissue (corporeal body).
- Inject the mix over approximately 10-20 seconds. Withdraw the needle from the penis and apply compression to the injection site for approximately 1 minute. Several minutes of compression may be required to avoid bleeding, especially if you are an aspirin user.
- If you get a large black and blue mark on the side of the penis after your inject, you have not penetrated into the corpusum. Remove the needle and start over using a new needle and syringe to inject on the other side.
- If you twist the penis, you may inject into the urethra. You may notice a drop of blood or clear liquid coming from the tip. Remove the needle and start over using a new needle and syringe to inject on the other side.
Discard the needle in your Sharps Container.